Yongnuo YN-560II Speedlite flash with 4 x 2700mAh batteries
Part No: YN560II-2700
This bundle supplies batteries with your speedlite. To get the best performance from your flash you need high quality, high capacity batteries. Powerex 2700mAh batteries will allow you to acheive 8 frames per second at 1/8 power ... and they're rechargable.
Yongnuo Upgraded 2nd Generation flash YN-560 II now features METAL hot shoe, with added functions and LCD display
New added Features and function:
* New LCD Display: This replaces LED indicators for power level, zoom step and flash mode/slave mode, LCD provides information more clearly and in more detail.
* New Multi Mode Function: An additional mode to the existing full-manual mode “M”, “S1" and “S2" manual slave modes. Multi mode enables firing a series of rapid flashes with a shutter release to produce a stroboscopic effect for showing different phases of movement (eg. BMX cyclist, skateboarder or gymnast)
* Power Low Indicator / Battery Warning: To give you fore-warning of low power - YONGNUO's first full-manual flash with this function.
* New Slave Sensor Cover Design: The flat, one-piece plastic screen has been replaced.
* New Button Material
Retained Features of the 1st. generation YN-560
* New Power zoom function: focal length range from 24mm to 105mm adjustable by push button.
* Guide number: 58 at ISO100, 105MM
* Slave function ( S1, S2 mode): YN-560 II can be used it in outdoor environment, and the wireless triggering distance is as around 15m.
* Sound Indicator: Audible indicator of charge cycle completion. (Can be disabled in not desired)
*Charging socket for external power pack: Allows addition of external power pack for higher demand applications (eg. SF-18 for Canon or SF-17 for Canon)
* PC synchronous port: Using the 3.5mm standard PC port enables the use of remote wireless triggers (Compatible with RF-602, you using the RF-602 021 / 3.5mm cable)
* Super speed charging recycle: As fast as 3 seconds charge cycle after full power output. Even using partially discharged batteries, charging can be as quick as 4-5 seconds. (The use of an external power pack further accelerates the charging speed)
* Supporting high speed continuous shooting: Using an output level of 1/8 or below, YN-560 II can support the 8FPS high speed continuous shooting.
* Improved power saving mode: Dormancy state kicks in after 3 minutes dormant and automatic shutdown after 15 minutes. With Power Save Mode disabled, automatic shutdown occurs after 30 minutes idle.
* Fine output control: The adjustment range of YN-560 II output level is 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64, 1/128, there are 8 levels of output and each level has 8 fine tuning stalls.
* Automatic Setting Saving: Save your current settings for future use.
* Overheating Protection: In the case of overheating, flash useage is locked and function can resume after 3 minutes.
* Manually Zooming Position: Zoom position can be adjusted to 14 / 28 / 35 / 50 / 70 / 80 / 105mm by pressing the button to cycle through the options.
* Can be used with any wireless triggers, including Yongnuo Flash Triggers RF-602, RF-603, Pixel Soldier, Pixel King, Cactus, Pocketwizards etc
* Compatible with Stofen type diffusers, same model as the 580EXII
---Canon 1Dx, 1Ds, 1D, 5D, 5DII, 7D, 60D 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 600D, 550D/T2i, 500D/T1i, 450D/Xsi, 400D/Xti, 350D, 300D, 1000D
---Nikon D4, D3s, D3x, D3, D2s, D2x, D2, D800, D700, D300s, D300, D7000, D90, D80, D70s, D5000, D3100, D3000, D60, D40X, D40
---Pentax K-7, K-5, K-r, K-x, K-m, K20D, K10D, K200D, K100D,
---Olympus E5, E3, E30, E300, E620, E520, E420, E450, E-P2, E-PL2, E-PL1
---Panasonic G10GK, GH2GK, GH1GK, G2GK, G1GK, GF2GK, GF1GK,
1. Fine tuning the output power
2. Multi-flash Lighting Application
3. Buttons are effective immediately
4. The use of external charging box
5. High-speed continuous shooting
6. Rear-curtain Sync
7. Reflection Flash
8. Using the built-in Bounce Card
9. Using the built-in Wide-angle Diffuser
Powerex 2700mAh Rechargable Batteries
Maha Powerex AA Batteries provide the maximum performance for camera flashes and cameras.
Maha Powerex NiMH Batteries last up to twice as long as ordinary rechargeable batteries. These are quality Japanese made batteries.
Maha Rechargeable Batteries are designed to operate in extreme conditions.
Maha Rechargeable Batteries have a very high life curve. They can be recharged from 500 to 1000 times, whilst retaining a high capacity. Cheaper NiMH batteries have a shorter life curve, and provide less capacity after being recharged.
Memory free operation means you can charge Maha's Powerex NiMH rechargeable batteries anytime you like. There is no need to run them empty before recharging.
Maha NiMH batteries are excellent for power intensive devices such as digital cameras, MP3 Players, Portable game devices, portable CD Players, and GPS (Global Position Systems).
Maha Powerex 2700 mAh NiMH Rechargeable Batteries can be used as a exact replacement for standard AA size batteries and NiCD rechargeable batteries in almost all devices.
A set of 4 single-use alkaline AA batteries will cost you $7. For the price of 3 sets of alkaline batteries you can buy a set of more powerful 2700mAh AA batteries.
After 10 uses you have saved $48.
After 100 uses you have saved $687.
Over the 1000-use life of the Maha AA batteries you would save $6980!
Do your bit for the environment!
By using rechargeables and not throwing away all those disposable alkaline batteries, you are making a difference to the planet.
Maha Powerex AA batteries carry a 12 month warranty.
Test results in a Nikon SB-800 camera flash.
Glen from the DSLRusers.com forum recently did an extensive test of AA battery performance in his Nikon SB-800 flash, mounted on his Nikon D300 DSLR. I believe this is the first time a series of rechargeable AA batteries have ever been tested to see the real world results in a flash, and I am sure a lot of photographers will find this controlled test of real world value when choosing your batteries.
For the test, Glen compared four sets of 4 AA rechargeable batteries to see how many flashes could be achieved from each. Results are as follows:
Powerex 2700mAh = 266 flashes
Energizer 2500mAh = 242 flashes
IMEDION 2100mAh = 218 flashes
eneloop 2000mAh = 204 flashes
If you don't use your batteries as soon as you charge them, then test results are different. Some batteries are better at HOLDiNG their charge than others. Here are the results of the same test, 3 weeks after the batteries are charged.
Powerex 2700mAh = 250 flashes
Imedion 2100mAh = 211 flashes
Energizer 2500mAh = 208 flashes
eneloop 2000mAh =191 flashes
After just 3 weeks, the 2700mAh Powerex batteries provide 20.1% more flashes than the 2500mAh Energizers.
For capacity measurement results and testing procedure details, read the full review from www.dslrusers.com.